lundi 29 juin 2020

An improved grenade top trip-wire arrangement.

I woke up this afternoon to shotgun blasts.

Went outside, heard my 870 racking down at the greenhouse.

Found my wife stalking the garden with the less than lethal shotgun in magpul orange.

She had seen a bear inside the wire and was fighting it off with rubber buck.

(I've shot bears half a dozen times in the past couple weeks, its ridiculous up here)

There was almost no damage done this time, but I did find this in the wall of the greenhouse:

So, I spent tonight, in the rain, in chest high grass setting trip wires and motion alarms for Mrs bear as it seems she is determined to make trouble. (my neighbors had a window frame pulled out of the wall by this bear and a cabinet in their house destroyed by the bear going after dog food.)

This seems like a good time to share my version of the common grenade top , shotgun primer, tripwire alarm.

The normal pull pin system always bugged me as it seemed like it took a lot of force to pull the pin and there was no easy way to hook up the top on a wire so it didn't bind when the pin was pulled.

This is my version, the bail top trip alarm. The picture is pretty self explanatory. I use 16 gauge aluminum electric fence wire. This set up takes significantly less force than the pull pin method and does not require a solid mount, the detonator can be placed anywhere along the wire.

As usual, be careful when doing this. Blow up a primer in your fingers and it would hurt pretty badly I think and leave your ears ringing.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



An improved grenade top trip-wire arrangement.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire