mercredi 24 juin 2020

Chlorine maker

I watched a video from Big Clive on a USB powered chlorine maker. I was an interesting tear down of the device. I decided to try to make one that would easily fit in a go bag. The basic idea is to run electricity through an anode and cathode rod in salt water.

I took the graphite rod out of two AAA regular batteries and connected wire to one end of each. I then used shrink tubing to hold the rods together but not touching. I soldered an old USB cable to the wires for the power. I tried it out on a cup of water with a few shakes of table salt stirred in. I connected the cable to a small USB power bank and within a minute I could smell the chlorine. I let it run for about 5 minutes and the chlorine smell was pretty strong. I don't have any chlorine test strips but I'm sure it was way over the 6ppm needed to treat water for drinking or wound cleaning.

This will fit in a matchbox and is perfect for a quick easy way to get chlorine. It will run directly off of my folding solar panels too. Has anyone else made one of these? I'd be interested in reading about how you made it.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Chlorine maker

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire