mercredi 19 août 2020

Any Mauser experts here?

I just picked up my first Mauser that was advertised as a Argentine 7mm Mauser Carbine in 7x57. I knew from only a couple quick searches that that was going to be wrong. First off it seems the Argentine Mauser was 7.62x53. Still at the price with almost 200 rounds of factory ammo, I picked it up. Pulled the modern scope mount off and as I thought it would, it said "Fabrica de Armas Oviedo" over 1913. So I know it is a Spanish Mauser (well at least the action lol). What I can't understand is almost all of the pics I see have writing on the left hand side of the action like this

See first attachment

Mine does not. As you can see there is a 'D' then a couple inches of space and a F69xx serial number. Obviously I fuzzed out the last 2 digits.

See second attachment

Also I see that almost all actions I see have a trough cut in the front to view the sight. This trough is also in the wood. My wood has it, but not the receiver metal.

The barrel is 17 inches and the stock extends to the end. It seems the receiver and bolt are matched serial numbers. What else should match?

I will try to add a complete pic soon.

Just trying to see what I have. At this point it could be anything from a pieced together parts gun to a #'s matching one. I just don't know enough to know. I also want to make sure that it isn't a 7.62x53 that some guy just thinks is 7x57 and he never shot the ammo to find out.

Thanks


Last edited by Ronald_55; Today at 04:19 PM.. Reason: pics did not load

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Any Mauser experts here?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire