lundi 24 août 2020

generator air filter disintegrated

Tried to test fire my subaru/robin sunday..no start..checked gas,oil,on/off,choke,fuel shutoff..all good.

Pulled off air cleaner cover.It was just a black foam insert that was original 3 years ago.
It was depressed in from suction and broken,tried to pull it out,just crumbled in my hands.
Stored in a hot Fl. garage,ran every 3 months(I know!)
Used the vacuum on it,then blew it with the compressor,shot of carb cleaner..a few sputters.
Guess I'll have to pull carb and disassemble/clean next weekend.

Wierd,never had one do that.

On a side note,it needs a new gasket,checked the net..I may as well just buy a whole new carb..I see prices from 24$ to 76$....I know better than to ask who/what is the best...but who do you trust to buy online small motor parts?

Let's block ads! (Why?)



generator air filter disintegrated

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire