samedi 10 octobre 2020

A fun day with shotguns at the range

I went with my girlfriend to a local outdoor range yesterday, a bit of a ride but a great place. We started at the pistol range with semi-automatics and moved onto the shotgun range in the early afternoon. I would guess that the shotgun range is about 25 yards, they allow .22 rifles on it too.

I had with me the Mossberg Shockwave with a red-dot scope and is set up for mini-shells. It holds 8 of those in the tube.

I also have a new Rock Island Armory 12-gauge in a 18.5" barrel with a stock on it. No sling or scope on it yet.

I have the Shockwave scope bore-sighted in and it worked well. It put most of the shot on the targets every time. I had #7.5 and a combo of #1/#4 rounds. Even my girlfriend handled it well although she had trouble seeing the cross hairs. We put 45 rounds through it.

The RIA shot flawlessly and the action was smooth and positive. That is a 5+1 gun. Even with the bead sight it was fairly accurate. I had a mix of #7.5 and #00 buck and used about 50 rounds of those. Next time I'll bring some slugs with us.

It was a perfect day, a slight breeze and about 63 degrees. We will be going back at least a few times before it gets too cold, maybe even after that. I will bring binoculars the next time to get some feedback on our shots.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



A fun day with shotguns at the range

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire