dimanche 4 octobre 2020

Keyholes...Remington 22MAG

Went over a did a little blasting this afternoon. Took along one of my NAA "mini" revolvers, as I hadnt shot one in awhile and they are fun to fool around with and I like to stay on top of them.

Not that Im likey to ever carry one, other than to annoy some of the inlaws with the one I have a belt buckle for.

Normally, they shoot real well, and better than you might expect. Today, shooting some Remington "V-Max" I got with one in trade, I was getting constant keyholes at 5 yards or so, and was thinking WTF is this?

I have three of these and all of them normally shoot well, and I havent seen a keyhole with any of them prior to this.

Ammo wise, everything Ive shot before was some Winchester, that also came with one of the guns, and some Hornady and Speer, that I picked up later. All of which shoots real well, and out of all the guns.

This was the first time I shot the Remington out of one, and the first thing I did when I saw the holes in the target, was to slip the bullet in a loaded round into the muzzle, and it went right in to the case mouth like it wasnt touching the barrel at all. Even the case mouth started to go into the barrel.

Checked a couple more at random in the box, and had a couple that just stopped short of the case mouth. Out of 25 or so I shot, there were only three or four that didnt keyhole on the target.

Even with the keyholes, most didnt shoot all that bad (not sure that spiffy bullet would work like its supposed to though ), although I did have two that were in off on the edge of an adjoining target.

When I got home and cleaned the gun, I tried inserting the bullets of some of the Winchester, Speer and Hornady rounds I have, and all of those barely got to the ogive, or half way down the exposed bullet, before that were tight in the bore.

So, it looks like Remington has yet another pooch screwed.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Keyholes...Remington 22MAG

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire