dimanche 22 mai 2016

1858 Remington cartridge conversion.. how hot can the loads be?

I know that would definitely be the safest route but I did want to stay away from black powder and use smokeless cartridges. That was the main reason for buying the cylinder (which actually cost more than the gun itself)

I read somewhere that the "cowboy only" warning was mainly to prevent a lawsuit and the guns and cylinders could actually handle more. I know the cylinders are made of 4150 arsenal grade steel and the revolver itself has a steel frame with the top strap, making it stronger than the open top revolvers.

Although i'm definitely not gonna try and fire any ruger only or +P loads out of it. Even cowboy loads vary up and down in pressure and go up to like 800 fps i think.

Like I mentioned I did plan on using it in the wood so worst case scenario if I had to use it to defend myself against a black bear or something, I'd like to have the hottest loads the gun could safely handle in it.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



1858 Remington cartridge conversion.. how hot can the loads be?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire