lundi 2 mai 2016

Big Bang!

Tonight we were rocked by two very loud explosive sounding bangs. The dog went crazy, the glassware on my wifes bedside table rattled and the walls of the house and the windows vibrated..
I stepped outside and could hear plane engine noise receding.

Turns out it was two RAF Tornado jets from RAF Conigsby being vectored in on an unidentified aircraft that was not responding to air traffic control.

There was a small crowd of the neighbours gathered outside with a wide variety of speculations floating around. I knew the sound was not a firework, that the vibration had effected all sides of our house so it was not a ground burst so the obvious source was a sonic boom.
I found it interesting that so many other ideas were being spread and the general ignorance about explosive noises and their characteristics. The lack of any flash, no scent, no smoke visible all sent me from high alert to relaxed. It took me longer to calm the dog down as he was walking the boundaries, hackle up and shoulders hunched.
An interesting end to a wet Bank Holiday.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Big Bang!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire