mardi 24 mai 2016

Compost Tea?

DefaultCompost Tea?


I've heard of this, but haven't researched it yet. My compost heap is a 1/2 acre slog away from my back door. So, in the winter months, we just dump our kitchen scraps into a small pail in the house with some water. When it gets full, we dump it into a 55 gallon barrel located closer to the house. After the spring thaw, we have a gloppy mess. I strain it, and add the solids to the compost heap. But I'm wondering if the watery slop left behind wouldn't be of some use as a compost tea. Have any of you utilized this fertilization technique? What I'm really wondering about is the concentration ratio. I have approximately 20-25 gallons of this compost tea, and I'm wondering if it needs to be diluted.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Compost Tea?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire