lundi 23 mai 2016

I committed genocide on the mouse population in central Kentucky

My chicken coop is a little under half of one of these wooden sheds (although my shed is bigger than the one pictured).

In the other half I keep a couple barrels of feed and tools, etc. When I first got the chickens, I didn't realize that mice would chew through a plastic trash can to get to the feed and by the time they had, it was too late. I now use metal barrels.

Fast forward until this week, when half of the mouse population of central Kentucky is living in my shed, and my dad suggested that we should gas them. I turned out the chickens and locked them out of the coop. Dad covered the vents with cardboard and started up the generator. We let it run about an hour and a half, but I suspect it could have been done in much less time.

The results were...biblical. I will have nightmares tonight. There were dead mice scattered everywhere. After disposing of them and scrubbing down all of the contents of the shed, I'm beat. Tomorrow I will pressure wash it and put everything back. Wednesday the two new barn cats are coming and hopefully I will never have to experience anything like that again.

So...if you ever wondered what the best way of getting rid of a large mouse population in an outbuilding is, I would highly recommend this method.

__________________
"I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself." - D. H. Lawrence

Let's block ads! (Why?)



I committed genocide on the mouse population in central Kentucky

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire