dimanche 1 mai 2016

what mora knives?

Honestly I would learn freehand/stone sharpening, but in the short term a good ceramic v pull through would be handy, you can find them cheap enough at wall mart. I highly suggest not using the carbide ones, I do use them from time to time in the field when I need sharp fast and I've done something to the knife to dull the hell out of it, or on someone else's when I don't have time, but they take a lot of metal off. A good sharpening system can really do some good long range, read up on sharpening and setting angles, creating a bur, and using different levels/grits of stones/paper/ceramic/etc... Theres a really good post on it on another forum and a lot of good videos. I personally use a WorkSharp machine for most of my stuff, I also have a lansky system(which can be had for around $30) which does preset angles and has 3-4 different stone grits from coarse to smooth great for learning but take a minute to master. There's a science to it, and anyone who tells you there's not either is a natural and don't know it, lucky, or they use a good enough system that does the science for them. I learned on a wet river rock when I was a kid from my dad and didn't know why I was good at it till a few years ago.

This is a decent one, BUT, it's all about what angle the knife you are sharpening already has, if they don't match it won't do very well, I think it's a 40 inclusive(20 degrees each side of the blade) not sure what a mora's angle is. Again read up, i'll send you a link for a great tutorial on sharpening, not sure I can post other forums in here.

http://ift.tt/1SU1Sp1

Let's block ads! (Why?)



what mora knives?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire