lundi 28 novembre 2016

92FS Malfunction

I bit puzzled by a recent malfunction with my Beretta 92FS. After firing 4 rounds, the 5th round didn't fire. My first reaction was to TRB. However, the "R" (racking the slide) didn't work. It was locked (stuck) forward (in battery). In addition, the hammer was in the cocked position. Fortunately, the safety still functioned, so I put the gun in safe and dropped the magazine. The slide would jiggle a little bit, and the recoil spring guide was protruding about 1/4". It appeared to be a case of a broken locking block. While the symptoms mimicked this, the locking block usually won't break until about 20,000 rounds. This 92 only has 2,115 rounds through it, so I just assumed it was an outlier.

At any rate, my friend and I were able to take the 92 apart in order to remove the slide. What we saw was a round partially chambered (unfired), and we had to use a wooden dowel through the barrel to remove it. An inspection of the 92 showed no issues (scratches, blockage, etc) in the barrel. And, the locking block was still operational. The casing on the round showed a small crimp in the leading edge.

Maybe it was just a bad round, maybe it's something else that I haven't thought about. If anyone here has experienced this, or has any other ideas, I'd love to hear them.

The rounds were Remington, 115gr, FMJ.

Thoughts?

Let's block ads! (Why?)



92FS Malfunction

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire