mercredi 30 novembre 2016

Safe wood to burn?

Greetings! Long time reader, first time poster.

Here is my situation: I have enough pinto beans, white rice to last 50 days and the water to cook them in but in an emergency fuel to cook them might be a problem. I realize that wood that has been treated or painted can release harmful chemicals such as arsenic, but I wonder if there is any process to remove these chemicals from scavenged wood that would make it safe to burn? Would cooking the wood a little bit first burn off enough of the additives to make it safe to cook with? I don't have enough space to store the firewood necessary to cook for 50 days and it seems a shame to let what might be a plentiful resource go to waste.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Safe wood to burn?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire