dimanche 27 novembre 2016

Ruger Mark I Safety Problems... Help!

A little background:

I already had a Ruger Mark I for many years. I bought another one. It is cosmetically pretty clean. I'm a little rusty because I took a hiatus for a decade, but I know a reasonable amount about how to field strip them.

This one appears to have a couple of related problems with the safety. The two problems may be related to each other.

1. When the gun is dry fired, the hammer is down and the gun is in a decocked position. Normally you would be able to turn the safety on in this state, and it would completely prevent the bolt from being opened. In this case, after dry firing it and applying the safety, the switch only goes up halfway in between the F and S positions. The bolt can still be opened, which should not be possible when on safety.

2. If the bolt is drawn back and the gun is cocked, putting it on safe should normally prevent the trigger from being pulled. In this case, the safety will fully go from F to S. The trigger, when pulled firmly with the safety on, will cause the safety to switch from S to F by itself, and the gun will dry fire.

Any ideas? Obviously this one is locked away and will not be used until it is repaired. Without a working safety, it's dangerous.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Ruger Mark I Safety Problems... Help!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire