vendredi 25 novembre 2016

How to make a secure home for bugging in?

My plan is to become as self sufficient as I can, and I'm already growing crops and I'm working on getting chickens and turkeys. My plan in a disaster is to bug in with my family and try to keep ourselves safe.

How would you make a secure home?

What materials would you recommend building out of?
I'm thinking a brick house would be a good way to go, but I'm open to recommendations obviously

What kind of security can I add to the front and back doors?
I've heard that longer screws and heavier doors help, but is there more?

What kind of security can I add to interior doors?
I want to have a room for all of my guns/ammo, including workbenches for firearms maintenance and I want to ensure that this room is as secure as possible, and would like the other doors to be as well

What kind of security can I add to windows?
I've seen a setup where you have mounts to place bars across your windows if you ever need to, is that a good idea?

What can I do to make walls more bullet resistant?
Related to that, would brick walls be secure enough against bullets?

Thank you in advance for any help, I just want to keep me and mine safe to the best of my abilities
*Edited, to make it more clear that this was about building a secure home and not reinforcing an existing home

Let's block ads! (Why?)



How to make a secure home for bugging in?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire