samedi 26 novembre 2016

PWS Mk216 review

Alright, so I've had this gun for a few weeks now and felt like it was time to start posting my thoughts and experiences with it.

The gun arrived to my local gun store looking pretty much pristine. Had a small issue where there had been a recent change to the coating used on the BCG from a type of NiB to a nitride bath that caused a few calls to the company (wanted to make sure I hadnt gotten an older model that had been in storage for years) before I accepted receipt, but it was all smoothed over.

The gun as sold is pretty bare bones. Keymod forend thats about as free floating as can be done with a piston setup, no sights included, magpul MOE stock and pistol grip, slightly nicer than usual milspec trigger that has a faster reset than is typical.

My goal is to ultimately have this as my nicest jack of all trades weapon, so I immediately set about upgrading it. troy tritium folding battle sights were bought to allow me to get some shooting in while shopping around for a scope and to serve as a rugged backup to the possibility of glass breaking. A geissele DMR trigger was swapped for the milspec trigger and immediately won my respect as an awesome upgrade for any AR. I then purchased a few magpul 25 round pmags to supplement the one 20 rounder that came with the gun and 500 crap m80 surplus rounds to break in the new toy, then headed out to the range.

Impressions on accuracy will have to wait since I've been shooting 147gr milsurp rounds without glass, but so far my takeaways from this gun are as follows.

*Deadnuts reliable so far

*very clean running. the bolt, barrel, and forend of the piston are all that seem to pick up any carbon or lead fouling.

*pretty heavy. need to weigh it, but would estimate about 9 pounds.

*soft recoil, big muzzle blast. with that brake that PWS ships on all their guns, you'll be able to run this standing just like a 5.56 AR and be perfectly happy. People to your left and right? Not so much.

I'll add to this as upgrades and experience with it develops, but in the meantime, here's a few substandard photos. The way they combined the forward assist and brass deflector seems like a nice feature to minimize clutter.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



PWS Mk216 review

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire