jeudi 27 juillet 2017

Bye bye gas/petroleum fuel in UK?

Being in school for automotive repair I have been able to learn a bit more about more modern vehicles. As a self taught wrench who has been tinkering on jeeps and old cars, I'm not easily ok interested in new stuff. Computers, battery power, and ever increasing nanny-technology doesn't get me excited at all. I learn it because I'm concerned that one day the stuff i do enjoy will be banned or made too expensive to operate. It chaps my Hyde but I'd rather have the skills than not should something epically stupid be mandated.
As if to drive home my thought, I see this on TV today. A quick Google shows it wasn't a fluke...

http://ift.tt/2v1FV3x

On one hand I can understand that in an overpopulated city, vehicle smog can be a real thing. On a global warming/climate change agenda I find it a load of crap. But I'm honestly stymied how the UK plans to eliminate all gas (petrol), diesel, or any other internal combustion engine. Seems a mixed bag of massive change.
I can see how cutting ties with OPEC has merit.
Sort of an additional to bretxit.
But ALL IC engines? Trucks, trains, ships? Lawn mowers, weed eaters, go carts, motorcycles?
The initial reports say gas and diesel. What about CNG and Propane? How about the oils and lubricants used in vehicles that come from petroleum?
Will they go electric everything? Will that drive the efforts to mine lithium for batteries? Will they have their own "cash for clunkers" like the US did which sent many classic and historic parts sources to the scrap heap??
They did set the bar somewhat down the road and I suppose much can change between now and 2040... But still. It leaves me with a lot of questions. And not a little sadness at the possibility of the death of a truly world changing technology.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Bye bye gas/petroleum fuel in UK?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire