lundi 31 juillet 2017

Ol' Betty Blue

This is my wife's new project for me to curse at. We're just going to use it for farmers markets and such. It's a 1963 Dodge P-200 mail delivery truck. She's got a slant six with a push button 727 transmission sending power to a Dana 60 rear end with 4:10 gears.

There is a bunch of stuff to do.
1 The fuel system as delivered consists of a small gas can and a fuel hose running to the fuel pump. ( my current cursing project to figure out)
2 there was water in the oil. I think it's from sitting so long. I've flushed out and refilled it and keeping fingers crossed that was it.
3 wiring. Just can't wait!
4 exhaust. There is a Harley muffler wired to the down pipe.
5 the dash. The gauges don't work and there is another cluster ready to go in.
6 heat. The heater core looks ready to go and the ducting is bad.
7 seating. There is only seating for the driver. I need to get something set up for the kid.
8 figure out the throttle/kick down linkage.

The good news is there looks to be recent brake work done and, a new drive shaft.

Although we have no intention of using this rig as any sort of BOV, I just thought some of you would like to see what it's like getting an old piece of American iron running again.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Ol' Betty Blue

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire