mercredi 26 juillet 2017

New "forever" GI Bill

For those Vets (or future soldiers) looking to use your GI Bill... Pay attention to the changes coming. They are not all rainbows and unicorns.

When I first joined I never knew my GI Bill had to be used or it expired. I wasted it by never using it.
After my break in service I signed up for it again, determined I would use it this time as I'm a bit older and life has settled down some. It's currently the only thing really keeping us afloat financially on my end of my marriage.

So I see that the politicians have decided to make some changes. The namesake of the effort is to make the benefit "forever". Lie. The 15 year life span only disappears if you join After January 2018.

The quiet green weenie comes when you look at BAH associated with post 9/11 users. While BAH is supposed to be based off the rate for the installation closest to your school, paid as an E5 w/dependents, that is set to be reduced. I don't know who calculates this crap but my school is already $200+ dollars less than the Ft Carson rate. According to what I've read so far, you can expect an additional $100.00 a year reduction in BAH up to 2020.
Don't ya just love how you sign a contract and are shown benefits listed as X, only to see the politicians change (reduce) what you signed up under?

I wonder when we get to see the welfare folks get notified THEIR benefits are being reduced??

Let's block ads! (Why?)



New "forever" GI Bill

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire