lundi 31 juillet 2017

Off grid mobile network

So I was perusing Kickstarter and came across this:
http://ift.tt/2vaudEf
Seems like a great idea to me. Sure I've given the family some radios, but without licenses to practice transmitting with the short wave etc, I don't believe it would be a reliable two way communication system. A system like this could be super useful. Range is about the same (without repeaters) and would be intuitive for family members with smart phones. Better than walkies as well-maybe..
One could also get a few extra and set up their own repeating stations by dropping them off in other locations in an emergency, or increase the range by lifting them in a ballon if low or blocked by buildings. (Yes I keep a small helium tank to fill balloons at home and in the trunk lol).
Not recommending or saying this is the best system, but it got me thinking.
Your thoughts?

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Off grid mobile network

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire