mardi 24 octobre 2017

410 Shotgun reloading

I've had .410 shotguns over the years, but mainly the H&R single shot type all of which I have had moderate success. As a youngster, I used it to shoot rabbits and small game birds. Recently, I picked up a nice Remington Wingmaster in .410 as part of a multi-gun trade. I was originally thinking of selling it, but took it out a while back and found that I could actually shoot trap with it pretty good as long as I didn't let the clays get too far away. I used to think of the .410 as a youth, starter gun, but the more I shoot it, the more I come to realize that you have to be pretty darn good to use it. I'm looking at this as a challenge. The down side to it is that the shells are expensive and in order to justify shooting it, I'm going to have to reload. I have been loading 12, 20 and even some 16 gauge shells for years but just wondering what "good" receipts you all may use out there to "shorten" my trial time in finding a good load. This would be mainly for the 2 3/4 shells, but I do have some 3 inchers as well.

Second part of the question, what are your thoughts, successes with it? I know it's either loved or scorned by the shooting society and seems like nobody wants to talk about it. But if that's the case, why does it still sell - there is surely a purpose. What do you think. Lets get some good talk going.
Thanks

Let's block ads! (Why?)



410 Shotgun reloading

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire