jeudi 19 octobre 2017

Genetic diversity in your seed stockpile?

Is genetic diversity in your seed stockpile a consideration?

I know a lot of people here save their seeds, and that is great. However, wouldn't using the same cross pollinated seeds over and over create a genetic bottle neck?

To prevent this, I try to buy my seeds from various sources. In early fall, certain stores mark their seeds down, so I buy a few packets here and there.

The mast majority of my seeds are bought at the local farm supply store. the seeds bought from other places are extras. However, the farm supply store does not sell stuff like pepper seed. So, I rely on saved seeds, or seeds bought from other places for stuff like pepper seed.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Genetic diversity in your seed stockpile?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire