samedi 14 octobre 2017

My air compressor went out, so I ordered a new pump and installed it. (Pics)

I have had my air compressor for going on 15 years now and it's been getting slower and slower to bilious air. I finally said enough is enough and ordered a new compressor pump and installed it. It now builds air like a new one.
A whole new complete compressor like what I got is around $1000, I got the compressor pump for $450.
The main reason I didn't just get a whole new compressor is I couldn't get the old compressor out of its shed I built and a new one back in because I built the shed around the compressor to close. So I opted to just replace the pump and now it's like new. The motor and points seem to be fine, and I will keep an eye on them.
I took apart the old compressor pump and it seemed fine except the valves wouldn't hold good pressure and the rings were shot.

The new compressor pump installed.

The old compressor pump taken apart to find the problem. It would of cost more to fix than a new one.

Piston and rings and gaskets are almost $120.

The old head, the valves and head alone are $150

Let's block ads! (Why?)



My air compressor went out, so I ordered a new pump and installed it. (Pics)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire