mardi 10 octobre 2017

Water storage chlorine content too high

I know this topic has been beat to death already, however I?m rather new to this and I had a question. I stored a 7 gallon blue container full of water - testing my tap water provided me with results of 0 chlorine content with a digital chlorine reader I have, as well as some chlorine test strips.

I know that 5 gallons of water calls for 1/2 teaspoon of regular strength bleach, and that should raise the chlorine content to 1ppm correct?

I added 1/2 teaspoon to SEVEN gallons, and my tests show that it?s risen to almost 5ppm... this can?t be right?

So I tried another 7 gallon container, added only 2/8ths regular bleach, and it rose it from 0 to 1.7 ....

I thought the 1/2 teaspoon was supposed to raise the content by 1ppm? I must have read wrong?

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Water storage chlorine content too high

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire