samedi 14 octobre 2017

Who considers thrift a major survival skill

DefaultWho considers thrift a major survival skill


Not just after the SHTF but in preparing for it. Lets face it, we buy a lot of stuff we may not end up using. Who else has perfected their bargain shopping, trading, classified surfing, eye for pre-owned quality as much as their other skills? I am a big fan of pre-owned or second hand goods myself. I also like some things made pre-global financial crisis. It seemed after this companies started turning out even worse chinese junk to keep us buying more replacements for profits in a slower economy. I am finding more and more I'm going back through my pile of 1990's and 2000's stuff to resurrect kit because at least I know it will last longer than some things made in the last 5 years. It sounds crazy but I have lost a lot of faith in eletronics, optics, even camping and military equipment of late. The latest generation thinks its normal to continually send gear back for warranty within the first month. You'll see a review on youtube about a "great new flashlight by XYZ" while putting in the comments, "the first one didn't work but the company sent another one out within 72 hours ". The kids call this easy shuffle 'great customer service" . I call great customer service when the salesman smiles warmly as he facilitates your purchase. You never have to talk to him again because the item lasts 20 years. Sometimes you need to buy custom to get good gear as well, a resurgence of US made items seem to be leading the pack. I also try and use what I store and store what I use. Put foodstores into normal diet as they run out of shelf life, utilize batteries and various other items the same way. This keeps you familiar with your gear, an eye on shelf life, and saves money as well.Also finding supermarket or bulk items for long life, high density or dried foods, can give you the same SHTF capability as 10x the cost in MRE's or expedition packs. Anyway this wasn't a wall of text list on ways to save money, more just a question as to who else studies this side of it?

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Who considers thrift a major survival skill

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire