vendredi 19 janvier 2018

Cooking with preps, rice pudding variations

I made a batch of regular rice pudding this morning but made too much rice to fit it all in the same pot so I split it in half and experimented with it.

I had regular rice. 1 part rice, 2 parts water simmered for 20 minutes. Once it was done I added about 1 more part water and stirred it on low heat until it came to a pudding consistency. Then I added a few spoon fulls of lemon curd someone gave us and I don't know how else to use it(it is basically lemon jelly). I mixed it all together and it came out tasting very good. It maybe could use some extra sugar but I tend to undersweeten homemade foods because I like to be able to control how much sugar I eat.

My thought is this same idea can be used with any type of jelly to make a strawberry, or grape, or apple rice pudding once everyone is sick of vanilla and cinnamon rice pudding. It also may come in handy if you don't have milk, oil or eggs to make regular rice pudding.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Cooking with preps, rice pudding variations

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire