samedi 20 janvier 2018

Grinding on a choke plate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slim83View Post

Over the summer I had local shop do an engine out rebuild on a ford 390, as part of the rebuild I got a new holley street demon carb. They did not tune it at all, I did find were they did grind on the choke plate. I got three questions, why would they do that, can a choke plate be replaced, and is there any hope of getting it tuned in now that it has been ground on?


why did they grind it? To adjust the gap at closed choke? Doesnt make sense to grind it. If its electric you can adjust it at the choke control housing. If its manual you can adjust it at the op rod. Ive never messed with a street demon though. Off the top of my head closed choke should be a 3\16th gap. Id double check though because i may have misremembered.

Tuning a carb should be done on a hot engine with choke open. So the problem shouldnt effect your tuning. I picked up a digital timing light for tuning. You can read the rpms on it and makes it a breeze to get the mixture screws dialed in.

Chris

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Grinding on a choke plate.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire