lundi 26 mars 2018

HVAC improvements for someone with allergies?

My wife is a chronic allergy sufferer and I'm researching options to improve our current forced air HVAC system. Allergy season will be upon us shortly. She keeps mentioning retrofitting radiant heat in the house but I fear the trouble and cost will be exorbitant, and won't do anything to help allergens once the A/C is on for the summer. So I was wondering what anyone has done to their own homes?

We had a HVAC tech. out for a checkup and he mentioned something called an Air Scrubber Plus. It seems they have 2 models - one the uses small levels of ozone, and one that does not. The cost for one of these units is $900 installed. As I look for information online, I find very little, or comments from many years ago. But as I continue to dig, I find products like this (https://www.trane.com/residential/en...aneffects.html) so I'm beginning to become overwhelmed by all of the supposed solutions out there to cleaning the air in your home.

Proper humidification is a problem in our house, so replacing the whole house humidifier is probably something we should do.

I change the filter regularly, and use the standard, cheap, disposable filters. I've read in numerous places that higher filtration filters cause harm to the furnace. The HVAC guy said to use the cheap filters, so I'm not sure that there is anything more I can do.

So I would be curious to hear what others have tried, what has worked, what is "snake oil", etc.

Thanks!

Let's block ads! (Why?)



HVAC improvements for someone with allergies?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire