samedi 31 mars 2018

Limited capacity vs caliber debate

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBlue 99View Post
I've been pondering this question for a while now as my state is further limiting capacity for all semis. This for me originally started with wondering about handguns, but then I realized this is applicable to long guns too. My state will soon be restricted to 10 rds, and in the past has not "grandfathered" anything. If you were facing these restrictions or have already had to deal with them, what would you pick? I'm not trying to start the typical 9 vs 45, or 5.56 vs 7.62 debate that I've seen. I also " hit the search button", but didn't see much of anything from this perspective on this board. So all being equal in number of rounds, which typically is used as the "tiebreaker" in most debates, do you think it worth the extra recoil/weight of the larger round? Please don't flame too hard
What state are you talking about?

As to caliber, I would suggest selecting one based on your requirements via MER, your own abilities at effective shooting in regards to perceived felt recoil, ammo budget, the various species of critters you want to bring down using one shot ( in relation to distance), the total amount of ammunition you are in shape enough to carry by the lbs, how different cartridges handle wind, what different cartridges can achieve vs barriers/ penetration,and deflection probabilities in thick vegetation. .....to name a few.

This goes for any magazine capacity, and especially any limited capacity.

11B

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Limited capacity vs caliber debate

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire