samedi 24 mars 2018

Suggestions for a good 'jack of all trades' rifle?

Apologies in advance, I'm a wordy bastard. As the title suggests, I'm pretty much looking for a rifle I'd be able to grab and run with that would handle just about anything the world might be willing to throw.

I'm aware that firearms are tools and most of the time there isn't going to be one tool that does it all, but I figured something might come close at least. I don't want this to become another cartridge debate, but we'll see what happens, I guess. Now, since I wanted this rifle geared towards me, let me shed a little light on my situation:

Right now I've got one pistol that I always keep with me, an FN Five-seveN (please don't bother with anything about the 5.7x28 cartridge, it works for me and I like it). It's the pistol I'm willing to bet my life on, but as I started to pose more 'what if' scenarios to myself, I kind of wanted to see if I could find a rifle that would more or less be able to handle anything a SHTF scenario might throw at me, which includes but is not limited to:

-Animal attacks (from bears on down)
-bipedal assailants (for lack of a better term)
-Long range environments (deserts/plains)
-Short range environments (urban streets at best, I'd be using a pistol for anything inside a building)
-Other stuff I may have not considered (can't plan for everything, unfortunately...)

With all of that in mind, I was leaning towards something of an AR-10 format, though I was having trouble deciding between something in 6.5 Creedmoor (as I like how that shoots) or something in .308/7.62x51 (as that may be more common to run across).

I was hoping to find something within the $1000 to $2000 envelope (for the gun alone), but I'd be willing to see more suggestions. Accessories would be lots of extra mags (obviously), an NV scope, suppressor, bipod, maybe a grip and 45-degree iron sights.

Ideally I would want to only have this rifle, my pistol, ammo/reloading equipment, and other assorted non-firearm supplies on my person when travelling.

If there are any suggestions as to specific rifles or different calibers, please feel free to give them a mention and a link if you have one.

Thanks in advance!

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Suggestions for a good 'jack of all trades' rifle?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire