vendredi 28 décembre 2018

Cancelled my knife nut card.

I've been heading this way for some years now, selling off and giving away most my knife collection. I have to admit I was once a full time knife nut. But over the years there's been a weird kind of awakening, and a increased feeling of "What the hell am I doing with all this s--t."

I've long since sold off my small Randall collection, which was always a disappointment as far as knives go. Too thick, heavy, and everyday steel. My high end folders are very long gone. I find all my needs are met by my everyday pocket knives and some plain Jane working fixed blades. For fish and small game, I can't find much that worked better than a real butchers knife made by Victorinox, or Old Hickory, or Russell-Dexter. For heavier duty a small 12 inch machete made by any of the reputable brands from south/central America. In my pocket everyday is either my old Buck 301 stockman or one of my SAK's. I have a few Mora's around that do good work on gutting and cleaning fish.

As an retired old fart living in Texas and doing more fishing than ever before, I find I need a nice sharp knife everyday. So far in the past three years since we've moved to Texas from the Washington D.C. area, all my knife needs have been met with plain working cutlery that I don't have to worry about loosing or damaging or even giving away to someone who needs a knife.

It was like waking form some kind of temporary insanity and looking back on it wondering what the hell I was thinking. I did the same thing with my gun collection and feel very liberated.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Cancelled my knife nut card.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire