mercredi 26 décembre 2018

Heating With a Clothes Dryer

I'm not talking about ghetto heating, rather using a clothes dryer as a wood burning heater in an off-grid SHTF situation. I inspected the inside of my dryer and it looks to be all-metal other than a few plastic and rubber bits I can remove. The metal seems a bit flimsy so I'm not sure it would stand up to 500 F temperatures.

I live in an apartment without a fireplace so the plan would be to move the dryer by my living room window and break out a window pane and place the exhaust house inside a cutout piece of cardboard which is taped over the window pane. I may need to buy a metal tube at Home Depot because I doubt the plastic tube would withstand the temperatures.

An alternative would be to have a wood heater fabricated out of a metal drum but this isn't practical as I have no place to store it other than my garage and I'm not sure there's room. I could also buy a wood burning stove and place it in the corner but my landlord would probably freak out, thinking I'm using it now.

Does anyone with better knowledge of appliances have an opinion? Am I nuts?

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Heating With a Clothes Dryer

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire