jeudi 27 décembre 2018

Handful of shootings in your neighbourhood, do you upgrade your security level?

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_Auberry View Post

I would move

So you'd just stop your plans in life because some people got shot in your neighbourhood, seriously? Like months of time investment, thousands of dollars and your future plans on a 10+ year educational plan because people have guns and the odd person is being killed every month?

My takeaway so far, is that maybe the things that sounded like gunfire I've been hearing every now and then, really is gunfire.

Again this is a big city, and moving isn't one of the options that is useful.

Any other suggestions?

Like for instance I already carry atleast one Israeli bandages, but perhaps I should upgrade to two. Another thing I am considering is wearing my level IIIA body armour. You know cellphone for calling 911.

What else is prudent in an area where shootings are plausible? is it worth actually carrying my firstaid kit on me including the modeling clay, swab inserts and crazyglue etc...??? what else would be useful for a shooting kit? Should I add a tourniquette system? etc..??
Not sure what else might be prudent to carry

My first impression is that there are some drug issues in this area... due to a large number of homeless people and noticing really tweaked and angry people occasionally. There are tons of police I ran into 5 cruisers and 3 ambulances just jogging around the neighbourhood tonight. So I am not really worried about response times. They even showed up when my foreign roommate (one flatmate/housemate) called 911 when his girlfriend lost her phone -- police entered on a 911 call for a lost cellphone... would have been great if he told me as I would have got more clothes on than my underwear.
None the less... police times aren't an issue.

Again hopefully would keep this generic but what steps can improve survivability in an urban gun threat situation?

I'm the type of person who gives money occasionally to panhandlers, but I am also the type that tells people to get the hell off the road if they are panhandling on roadways etc... so another thing, what are the odds than homeless looking panhandlers are armed???? Is it likely street panhandlers have firearms????

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Handful of shootings in your neighbourhood, do you upgrade your security level?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire