samedi 29 décembre 2018

What do I need to know about weather stations?

It's a bit more complicated (and expensive) to put your weather station's data online. I used to have my weather station connected to the internet and I transmitted my data to the Weather Underground website:

Weather Underground

Unfortunately, we had a nearby lightning strike during a storm one time, and the power surge fried the mini-computer that connected my weather station to the router and sent my weather data on to the internet. I sent the computer off & got it repaired (which wasn't cheap) and set everything back up again. Then the whole thing happened all over again a year or so later, and so I just gave up. Now, I do know that they no longer use that particular mini-computer and hopefully, the new one is more durable.

Anyway, getting a weather station which you can put online is really more in-depth than I can get into myself. Besides, it's been a while since I did it and my information is outdated.

Instead, I recommend you check this page on the Weather Underground website. It explains everything you need to know about the equipment you'll need, and how to set it all up.

Buying a Person Weather Station

Hope that helps!

Let's block ads! (Why?)



What do I need to know about weather stations?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire