jeudi 27 décembre 2018

Looking for private land to camp on Jan 10-13 in Northern MN

Two of us were looking to go camp in the Chippewa National Forest up in the Deer River area for three nights, kind of a cold-weather gear test, and a monkey wrench has been thrown into our plans.

I had contacted the Deer River Ranger District a few weeks back to discuss options and find out the rules and who we should notify when we arrived and such, and they told me to call back as it got closer to the day, because there were specific people I could talk to who would be helpful and informative.

I called today and got their recorded message that they have been furloughed for the time being due to a "lapse in federal funding" -- the government shutdown has closed them down.

So, my friend and I are all geared up and close to being ready to go, have taken time off work, and now aren't sure if we have a place we can legally camp. So I thought I'd throw it out there that I'm looking for a spot on private land if anyone is open to that -- please PM me if you'd be willing to let us camp on your land and I'll touch base with you to work out details. Thanks!

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Looking for private land to camp on Jan 10-13 in Northern MN

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire