dimanche 30 décembre 2018

Looking for a good GA river hike

It's time to plan next years adventure. I am looking for a good river hike right around where Tennessee meets Northern Georgia.

I am older now, and have gained a lot of weight recently. So I dont know if I can do hikes where you are required to sleep at a designated shelter. I dont want to have to push hard to make the miles. I want to wander around slowly, drop and make camp when, and where I feel like it. This means The Smokies are out. Dispersed camping is not allowed. I have to stick to the national forest.

I want to follow a river, so I am near water the whole time. I want to go 12 a day, for 3 days, make camp for 3 more days, then hike back. However, if I only make 3 miles a day, I could make that work too.

Based on my last trip, I will probably do 5 the first day, and 7 to 8 the rest of the time. So I will need at least 25 to 30 miles of trail to follow.

A river that I can fish in is also a nice bonus.

Who knows a trail that follows a river for 25 to 30 miles (say no more than 1/4 from the river at all times) near the Georgia/Tennessee border?

How about a map of all the trailheads and overnight parking for 14 days?

Ideas anyone?

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Looking for a good GA river hike

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire