dimanche 27 janvier 2019

Food Storage/ Cold Cellar

I'm looking to partition off a 12'x16' section of my basement to create a food storage/ cold cellar. My current dilemma is my basement floor has radiant heat in it. The zone isn't turned on, however, if the wood boiler for some reason begins to overheat the floor is the "dump zone" to drop the heat as quickly as possible. Two sides of the storage will be exterior walls (poured wall in arxx forms) the other two and ceiling will be framed and insulated. I will be putting a cold air intake and exhaust in through convection, one at ceiling height and the other at floor height. My main concern is the floor build.

I'm contemplating on whether I need a vapor barrier between the concrete floor and the floor joists i.e. plastic

Next should I use pressure treated for the floor joists, after 9 years since I poured the floor will it still retain enough moisture to cause a problem?

Should I use faced or unfaced insulation in walls, floor, and/or ceiling?

I was hoping to build the entire room out of rough cut from my mill.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Food Storage/ Cold Cellar

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire