mardi 29 janvier 2019

Opinion: Do We Owe Glock a Debt of Gratitude?

Sometime around 1979 or so my dad took his Smith & Wesson Model 66 357 magnum out of the truck and showed it to my brother and I. We were at the deer camp for a weekend of hunting, and I was 11 years old. The blast and recoil of the 357 magnum left a lasting impression.

As a high school graduation present mom and dad bought me a S&W Model 66 just like dads; it is one of my most prized possessions. At the time just about all police officers carried a revolver. Dad told me it was because of reliability and the power of the 357 magnum.

A few years later, let's say around 1984, a buddy of mine showed me his dads 1911 - with his dads permission of course. We went behind the house and fired off a few rounds. If I remember right, the 1911 was a Colt and looked pretty beat up.

Overall I was impressed with the 1911. It held seven rounds in the magazine, and one in the chamber for a total of eight. Besides holding two rounds more than the S&W Model 66, it was easier to reload.

The post Opinion: Do We Owe Glock a Debt of Gratitude? appeared first on AllOutdoor.com.

Read the full article here...

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Opinion: Do We Owe Glock a Debt of Gratitude?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire