mardi 29 janvier 2019

Hybrid Solar/Traditional Septic System. Will it work?

I was looking at someone's solar composting septic system. Basically, you poop and pee in something like a bucket, then release the contents into an outdoor septic which has glass panes and a vent on the top to allow the sun to evaporate the water. According to the author, water levels never rise remotely high enough to be drained in a drainfield. It evaporated the water so well, that after 7 years of use, he only had 1" of solid matter at the bottom (if I recall correctly).

I love the system, however, I want to use a flush toilet, and I'm not sure if evaporation will go at a rate fast enough to evaporate the additional water in a flush. So, I came up with a hybrid system I'd like your opinions on:


When you flush your toilet the contents enters the solar chamber, and drops into a fine mesh basket to contain the solids, allowing the sun to evaporate the water. Excess fluids then exit the basket mesh into a traditional septic system. Note that the hybrid concept (image) was quickly created, so it's not perfectly configured, but the solar chamber should open up at the top to allow the basket to be removed.

I image some solids will enter the traditional septic, however, the amount should be very little that when it's time to pump out the contents it will be many years into the future.

Having never seen (smelled rather) it in action, I truly wonder the magnitude of smell..

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Hybrid Solar/Traditional Septic System. Will it work?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire