samedi 26 janvier 2019

Mobile Solar Wagon

(after I typed all this realized I can't post pics for some reason)

Hi all,

Been lurking here for years, greedily absorbing knowledge, and grateful for it. Finally registered.

Wanted to share my project. Opening up a new garden section. Have a couple of 1K gallon rainwater storage tanks about 60 feet from new garden site. Instead of trenching for pipes, running miles of hose from my well, or miles of extension cords for my electric pump I used it as an excuse for this project.

Repurposed and old metal wagon that has been around for years. Scrapped some angle iron and welded a frame to sit on top of the wagon to support the panels. It has a simple adjustable support that gets the winter or summer (nearly flat) angle pretty close to right.

Mounted are 2 Renogy 100 watt solar panels, 20 amp MTTP charge controller and a 100 amp hr battery. Added a 1500 watt pure sign inverter. All stored in a plywood box with a lid and some vents for air circulation.

Plan is to run a 12 volt pump to the drip tape system for the garden. Alternatively I could run my more traditional 120v pump through the inverter if I had to. I also have about 18 raised beds I could use it for (drip system). Finally, it gives me a little emergency backup power if the generator craps out (run a fridge a few hours a day, charge tools, laptops, phones, operate radio for a short bit etc).

I am by no means even close to resembling well versed in solar. There are a few things I wish were a little different, such as a wider base on the wagon. All in all though I pretty satisfied. I have some mobile emergency power, and a way to irrigate the new garden space without taxing my well further. And the truth is...I wanted an excuse to try and build it. Short of the solar stuff, the idea was to do what I could with what I have where I'm at.

Addendum:I don't seem to be allowed to post images (maybe because I'm new?). Will be glad to post pics if someone can clue me in to what I need to do.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Mobile Solar Wagon

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire