mardi 5 mars 2019

Concrete Cabin?

Howdy all! I've been a long time lurker here, gaining knowledge as time allows, but now I'm coming to a point where I'm starting to have questions. Ohhhh the questions! I figured this would be an interesting choice of first time posts...

When visiting several National Parks from Montana down to Utah I've noticed that many of the newer latrines placed in the back country or lesser used campgrounds in the parks are made of concrete panels that resemble stacked logs- ala cabin style. These panels are 6" or so thick and they have a V shaped notch that runs along the tops and bottoms, allowing the panel to be mated with another panel or even the roof panels. The grooves on the bottom of the panels are a concave V while the tops of the panels are a convex V so they mate easily. This has me thinking...

Does anyone know of anyone who has tried this on a larger scale, perhaps building a log lookalike cabin of concrete? I've searched and searched and all I can find are businesses that make "concrete log siding" or facades for houses. I'm looking for something thicker, more durable, and possibly something that can be a DIY project. I realize I'd have to learn quite a bit about concrete as far as strength additives, rebar, finishing, etc. But that's not what I'm looking for at the moment. I'm curious as to whether or not molds are available for such a project to even gain traction.

ThompsonMoss is one company that is close to the idea... but it's not quite the same idea. Does anyone have any ideas on how to maybe create a number of larger molds that could be reused for making individual logs, panels or even poured walls (similar to poured, solid, basement walls)?

The most finite details wouldn't have to be preserved, just the general look of the logs. And it wouldn't be used in any extravagant building project. I was thinking of this for the first floor of a very basic, square structure- similar in looks to the stone based fire lookout towers. Serving more as a secure garage/shop. Then the upper structure would be standard studded walls and a wrap around deck or walkway. So this would be I don't know... maybe 30ish feet square with no windows and just a set of swing out doors or an overhead door and one man door for access.

Just a thought. I have plenty of time to let my mind wander while at work so I figured I'd put it good use! lol

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Concrete Cabin?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire