dimanche 10 mars 2019

Confusing emails from Lifestraw and Sawyer

I recently emailed Sawyer about their Mini water filter and Lifestraw about their original LIfestraw water filter. I asked the tech support from both companies the same question, can these products be frozen if they've never been used?

As most of you probably know, once a Lifestraw or Mini has been used it never completely dries. This means that they cannot be frozen as the water will expand as it freezes and tear the filtration membranes. Sawyer said that as long as it was new, it wouldn't hurt the Mini at all. Lifestraw said the exact opposite, that if I allowed a new Lifestraw to freeze, it would destroy the membranes and I would risk getting sick if I used it.

Two questions popped into my head. 1- Aren't these two filters made using the exact same technology? and 2- Does Lifestraw require heated truck trailers, heated aircraft cargo bays and heated mail trucks to deliver all of their products? I don't think so ... mailman left one of my Lifestraws in the mailbox back in January and it set there for hours in subzero temperatures.

I reviewed both emails and I was very clear in what I was asking. What am I missing here?

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Confusing emails from Lifestraw and Sawyer

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire