lundi 22 juin 2020

more panels or more batteries

Hard to make panels, charge controllers, and batteries yourself. Grid down you aren't likely to go to the store and buy any replacement items.

Batteries wear out, the panels and controllers could die by EMP/CME or just regular failure.

How is your system working now? Is it staying charged during the winter. Use it with more load and see if it can keep up or you will see if you need more panel or more storage.

I have a very small system for my 2M HAM radio. Usually it is on a power supply. 200 W panel, 2 deep cycle SLA batteries wired separately and switch plus fused. I have a few 9-30 VDC LED work/spot lights and a port to run my laptop on the car charger. I have a battery charger for AA's, AAA's, D's, 18650's that can run off that port too. There is a duel USB charger unit there too. I can also run my 12 V RV pump to have running water from the storage water tank.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



more panels or more batteries

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire