lundi 17 août 2020

First REAL steps on my log cabin.

For the last year or so I have been dreaming about building an off grid cabin/home. In that time I reacquired a few items as I could find them cheap, mostly solar electric parts and propane appliances. The wife was not at all on board with my ideas. But this week I took the REAL first step in building my log cabin. This spring I cut 42 logs and had them stacked at a family members land. I was waffling between cutting them into lumber or D logs for a log cabin.

I ended up sawing those logs in 48 D logs (the total cabin will take 144)

Out of the side lumber from these logs I got enough live edge siding to side both gable ends.

The wife has done a 180 and is completely onboard now so that makes it easier. I have also been offered 3 nice pieces of property to build it on and if things continue the way they are we will probably be able to buy one of those properties next year with cash.

I know it isn't much but it is a start and I am quite excited about it.

I also have a back up plan, if my plans fall through I can either sell the logs as a kit or I can put them back on the mill and saw them into lumber.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



First REAL steps on my log cabin.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire