jeudi 10 septembre 2020

How much money should one keep in a checking account?

Nearly everyone in the financial world is going to tell you that banks and the stock market are as safe as anything. In March I sold all my stocks and then reinvested as it started to climb out of the 18k low, at about 20k. But I didn't invest it all and I am also sitting on some cash in three different banks. Yep, I have it spread between a local, national and a credit union.

But I will tell you.... I have been very nervous the past year about my funds being in the stock market and in banks.... and I have no good solution to offer in the financial world. Because when it lets go.... it's all going to go.

Many will tell you to buy precious metals, but with the premiums on them lately, I'm staying away from that investment. Also, good luck finding Gold and Silver right now that is a fair deal. I have a standing 'buy order' with a local supplier for Silver... and he can't get his hands on anything.

Watching the buying patterns in April through June, one could make some wise purchases of things that people desperately want when SHTF. And SHTF will happen some day....

Some have laughed at me, but I have purchase about $1k in pint and 1/2 pint bottles of liquor. They cost me about $4-$6 bucks a piece and one day down the road, I could get $20, $30... maybe $50 a bottle for them. A bottle of liquor could feed my family for a week.

In the next 10-50 years fiat currency could be worthless and it might be illegal to own any Gold or Silver.

Diversify and buy/store some items that will be highly desirable down the road. Items that are easy to barter with.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



How much money should one keep in a checking account?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire