lundi 23 mai 2016

150 mile section hike...

All packed and ready to launch Friday. My wife and I are continuing our section hike for this summer; 150 miles just south of Hot Springs, TN and up to Highway 19. We spent most of yesterday treating clothing and sleeping gear with Permethrin and finalizing the meals and resupplies.

I think we’re going to be wishing we planned longer days as we will average about 13 miles a day and we’ve been cranking out 12 miles in about 6-7 hours on some shorter trips. This is our leisurely vacation hike, so I guess plenty of time to relax in the hammock, read and snooze in the later afternoon!

Pretty happy with my pack weight. It’s loaded for the first leg (three days) and total pack weight is 19 pounds, 5 ounces, minus water. Water is a two liter bladder and 750ml water bottle for 6 pounds bringing my total pack weight to 25.5 pounds (we filter/fill up along the trail) Granted this is only for three days, our second leg is five days and our last leg is 4 days. We have two resupplies planned. My Kit Bag comes in a 3 pounds 4 ounces. I’m going light for my pistol, small Kahr CM9:

The wife is ready to hit the trail now…can’t wait.

ROCK6

Let's block ads! (Why?)



150 mile section hike...

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire