dimanche 15 mai 2016

Chinese 3M 6800 mask + Genuine 3M FR-64 cartridge filter is a good choice??

I'm hoping this Chinese full-face respirator should be good enough if using genuine 3M filters, no? I'm assuming that... as long as it makes a good seal, I should have no worries. http://ift.tt/1seF3U6

I'm lucky enough to work somewhere that provides me with genuine 3M gas/particular filters... so I should be able to stock up on a few, however, I'd be willing to pay a bit for an FR-64 filter or two if they're worth the upgraded cost [over FREE].

From my understanding, the FR-64 filter is the best that exists, excluding the instances where of SCBA, PAPR (or "powered" respirators) devices would be needed to supply oxygen in the most likely scenario of an oxygen-depleted, uncontrollable fire situation.

The only gas mask that is *not* SCBA or PAPR and claims to be able to work in a fire scenario is the FireMask F-60, claiming to convert Carbon Monoxide to Carbon Dioxide for 60 minutes. Is this a legit claim? Surely it, too, could not work in an environment with less than 10% oxygen, right? This is really the only thing that seems to offer something that the 3M mask does not.

Also, am I crazy in thinking that a Chinese full-face respirator is better than a 30 year old military gas mask?

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Chinese 3M 6800 mask + Genuine 3M FR-64 cartridge filter is a good choice??

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire