vendredi 26 août 2016

Help me make my Patrol kit lighter.

I've got a nine day tactical field exercise coming up with about 150 other people, a lot of long range patrolling,setting up observation posts contact drills etc. However i've been warned by people who have gone on it before to pack next to nothing.

So I've been trying to cut weigh of my patrol kit and was wondering if anyone had any ideas? This is it:

Water: (Water resupplied daily at HQ)
1x Camelback 2L
2x 1L Water Bottle
1x Metal Cup

Food/Cooking: (Ration packs and fuel Resupplied day at HQ)
x1 Australian Army ration pack (With matches, kinda like an MRE)
x1 Esbit stove
x1 Pack of 6 Esbit rule tablets
x1 Bic Lighter
x1 Spork

Shelter:
x1 Poncho
x1 Tarp (I may leave this behind at our Platoon harbour, depends
x6 Tent pegs
x1 Shemage

Health:
-x1 First aid kit
-x1 Pack of 20 Wetwipes

Other:
-x1 Torch
-x1 Set of batteries
-x1 Notepad
-x2 Pen
-50m comms cord
-x1 Field Handbook, Small
-x1 Multitool
-x1 Camouflage cream

We're also carrying F88-Austerys, I think you Americans call them AUGs, they are about 3.6kgs. Depending on the situation or my position in the section I may carry specific kit, if i'm the navigator I'll also have a map, GPS and compass, if i'm the signaller i'll have a radio, called an ANPR-77 set, which are large radios designed to communicate long distances and weigh about 10kg. These I can't change but the stuff above I can.

I may also be carrying a backpack if we are moving camp otherwise it will remain at our platoon harbour. This will have a spare set of uniform, several pairs of socks and underpants, sleeping bag and liner, a jumper as well as spare glasses.

If you think theres anything I should cut or replace feel free to suggest. I'm aiming to carry only essentials.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Help me make my Patrol kit lighter.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire