vendredi 26 août 2016

Challenge accepted..File knife

Ok, so nobody issued a challenge, I was just bored and inspired by the old knife making threads and Slotted's recent file knives that he is working on, so I figured I'd give it a go too. Had an old USA Disston file that was past its useful life so that was my victim.

Here are some pictures of about 2 hours of progress with a angle grinder and bench grinder with very frequent quenching in water to keep it cool. Looking for advice if I should keep the square area just past the choil or rat tail the whole tang. I am thinking that meaty area will make a good point for 1-2 pins, then epoxy the remaining rat tail. Handle will likely be oak, I have a nice slab of oak handy.

Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Challenge accepted..File knife

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire