mercredi 31 août 2016

Retirement Funds Question

Here is my situation. I work for a government agency. The retirement is a minimum of 20 years on the job, I am at 15 years right now. The retirement is calculated like this; years of service multiplied by the the average of your highest 3 year income multiplied by 2.5%. So if my highest 3 years of service averages out to $85K times 20 years times 2.5% then I would draw $42,500 yearly.

However, I could purchase 5 years of service that would cost me $110,000. If I did that my draw would be $53,000 per year. So my question; is this a no-brainer to go ahead and purchase this extra 5 years? Or would I be better off putting the $110,000 in something like a Vanguard fund?

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Retirement Funds Question

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire